Marilyn West is the epitome of a jack-of-all-trades. Over the course of her professional career, West has been heralded for her strong analytical, management and planning skills. She has over 35 years of experience working with CEOs and executive management. She has supervised various corporations, medical care facilities, health care systems and governmental agencies to name a few.
Whilst serving as a consultant and advisor to various corporations and officials, West is also the owner, and Chairman & CEO of M. H. West & Co., Inc. The Virginia-based consulting firm engages in management, planning and education services. West and her team have helped various businesses and organizations strengthen customer relationships and refine organizational structures and strategic plans. Additionally, her team has assured the production of quality products and services and helped businesses meet financial and performance goals.
Over the course of her professional career thus far, West has been fixated in the health care field, utilizing her knowledge of statistics and mental health. West got her start as a statistician at the Allegheny County Health Department and later as planning director at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital. Subsequently, she moved to Virginia and served as the project director at a mental health services clinic at Virginia Commonwealth University. Following that, she served as the director of the Virginia Certificate of Need Program.
West received her bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Waynesburg University and her master’s degree in public health from the University of Pittsburgh. If her impressive resume wasn’t enough, West is also a motivational speaker, an author and executive coach and mentor.
- Marilyn H. West, Board Chair* BHMVA & President, M.H. West and Company
- Bessida Cauthorne White, Board Vice Chair* BHMVA and Genealogist
- Stacy L. Burrs*, Owner/Founder, Capacity Development LLC
- Leonard Edloe, Retired Pharmacist
- Kym D. Grinnage, General Manager, NBC 12
- Dr. Monroe E. Harris Jr.*, Oral Surgeon, Virginia Oral & Facial Surgery
- Brian K. Jackson*, Attorney, Hirschler Fleischer
- Penny J. McPherson, Vice President, Wells Fargo
- Saundra C. Rollins, Director, Southside Senior Citizens Center
- Kimberly Wilson, Deputy Director, Human Resources, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Richard B. Woodward, Curator, African Art, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts